Smart planning for inspection activities, selecting the appropriate inspection method and coverage by considering the optimum inspection effectiveness is an essential challenge in oil &gas and petrochemical industries.
There are to main methods for inspection planning, time based and risked based.
The time based inspection planning is a old method and mostly focused on equipment by little consideration of damage mechanism or consequence of failures on integrity of plants and mostly it is time consumed activity without perfect result, in last 25 years the another inspection planning method has been introduced to industries, it called RBI, some standards and methodologies have developed in the recent years for this application, familiarity with these standards and how to use of these, what is the relationship between theses standards and the final important objective of using these standards, the assessment of results is very important.
The proposed course is designed for learning the necessary knowledge and competency for all inspectors and integrity engineers those involved in oil and gas industry and some related industries such as Petro chemical or chemical.
Who should attend
- Maintenance personnel, operations supervisors, and process specialists who are expected to make decisions regarding the suitability of equipment for continued service.
- Plant Inspection Engineers responsible for evaluation of inspection results and overall plant safety and reliability
- Plant managers who is responsible for managing the integrity of process equipment.
- Refining and Petrochemical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Process Engineers interested in RBI as a tool to better understand the overall plant state and effects of the operation on the equipment state.
Applicability of risked based inspection (RBI) course
The course will be applicable for integrity management, optimisation of inspection, improve safety, improve availability of equipment in wide range of equipment in oil& gas and petrochemical/chemical industry in pressure boundaries, it means the pressurized equipment by risk of the failure, release the fluid inside the pressure boundary and these releases can affect on safety and integrity of production plant.
It is expected that the candidates be capable of analysing and implementing the concept of the safe operation equipment and the following outcomes.
- Capability to analyse the total risk of plant in 3 levels (unit based, equipment based, and component based).
- Capability to decision making to operation of plant in the minimum risk below the risk target.
- Capability to providing the suitable documents for integrity management program.
- Capability to providing the smart inspection planning.
Understanding the philosophy of risk and risk target.
Understanding the fundamental of time dependence failures and random failures.
Understanding the active damage mechanism and inspection methods for identifying the damages.
Familiarization with RBI standards (focused on API 580,581), understanding of the purpose of each.
Knowledge to preventing and minimize the unpredicted shutdowns and increase the reliability of opera
Knowledge to optimize the maintenance cost by the selection of a smart assessment methodology of age
30 Hour course with a 2-hour exam
The exam will be conducted in two parts
closed- book (theory) and open-book (case study)
The course is including theory and practical sections
The practical part will be conducted by the designed case studies to increase the ability of candidates to assess the pipelines in real condition